Job Step ODBC Data Source with SQL Query
In SPSS Deployment Manager, I have a Job with a Job Step, where the "Mode" of one of the ODBC Data Sources in the underlying SPSS Modeler Stream was recently changed from "Table" to "SQL Query".
After refreshing the job step to use the version of the Modeler Stream, the "Database" column on the "ODBC Data Sources" tab is still showing the name of the table that was previously used by the Data Source node. However, when executing the job it correctly uses the "SQL Query" stored in the Data Source node from the underlying Modeler Stream.
It would seem that the "Database Table" column on the "ODBC Data Sources" tab will always show the "Table name" from the "Table" mode of the Data Source (unless changed by the user in the job step). Since the "ODBC Data Sources" tab has no indication of the "Mode" used by the Data Source node, there is no way to determine the table/query that the individual data source in the job step is referencing without examining the Data Source node in the underlying Modeler Stream.
Steps to recreate:
1) Create a Modeler Stream with at least one "Database" source node. 2) Edit the "Database" source node and select a "Data Source".
3) Enter the name of a valid database table in the "Table name" box.
4) Change the "Mode" to "SQL Query" and enter a valid SQL query that queries data from a different table than the one used in step (3).
5) Store the stream in the repository.
6) In Deployment Manager, connect to the repository where the stream from step (5) is stored and create a job that uses that stream as a job step.
7) Select the job step and go to the "ODBC Data Sources" tab. The "Database Table" column will show the table name entered in step (3).
8) Complete the configuration of the job and execute it.
9) The job step will execute the SQL Query entered in step (4).