Start Excel exclusively with Perspectives or PAx
You told me that it is not possible to have 2 shortcuts on the same computer with these characteristics:
1) starting Excel with Perspectives and without PAx
2) starting Excel with PAx and without Perspectives
Only user interventions in Excel/options/addins could cause that one of the profiles above can be activated.
I would like to suggest this action:
1) KBC takes care of providing the Excel-shortcut without Perspectives and without PAx (this is a normal Excel launch)
2) KBC takes care of providing a second Excel-shortcut with Perspectives only (=tm1p.xla), as we do currently.
3) IBM creates a Excel-shortcut (through another xla, or a vb-script, or ...) to make it possible to launch Excel with PAx only.
Our ICT-department says that this last action should be possible, and from a business point of view, it would be easier to motivate our users to migrate to PAx, because with the current KBC-priority to assure continuity for Perspectives users, a migration to PAx-use will not happen in the future.
Can you ask Product Management to create such a xla(m) or another vb-script to make our suggestion possible?
I am also wondering why IBM didn't do this before, because there will be a lot of customers in the same situation. All of them will need continuity in their business, resulting in the use of Perspectives, and therefore ignore the existence of PAx.
KBC Group nv