... to prevent full backup after HDR primary/secondary switch !
At the moment (Version 12.10.xC14) cold restore after HDR primary/secondary switch is only working if:
- both nodes have the same DBSERVERNAME/INFORMIXSERVER set because the namespace which onbar uses
to store the objects depends on that parameter/environment.
- a complete new ixbar file is build from primary and secondary with correct order
- physical and logical restore must be started from that node that holds the last full backup
- logical restore stops than with object not found (onbar returncode 100) - logical restore suspended
(don't know if RESTARTABLE_RESTORE depends on that - but we have set it)
- logical restore than need to be restarted with data from other node to get last logical logs
- it could be complicated with that workflow if you need a point in time restore
|Who would benefit from this IDEA?||Every customer who runs HDR/RSS/SDS in a 24/7 environment|
|Priority Justification||see: Who would benefit from this IDEA|
|Client Name||ProSiebenSat.1 Tech Solutions GmbH|
How should it work?
- make the namespace of onbar variable (not depending DBSERVERNAME/INFORMIXSERVER)
|IBM's success depends on gathering feedback from customers like yourself. Aha Ideas Portal is the third party tool through which IBM Offering Managers gather feedback from customers such as yourself.|
|IBM is a global organization with business processes, management structures, technical systems and service provider networks that cross borders. As such, the information collected through Aha Ideas Portal (Customer Name, Customer Email Address) will be stored by them in the United States, and handled only as per IBM's instructions and policies. Your data (Name and Email Address) will NOT be shared with other IBM customers.|
|In order to safeguard your information in Aha, do not leave your workstation unattended while using this application, log off after using it, and print only if necessary. If you need to make a hardcopy, remember to pick up the print-out immediately, keep it under lock, and destroy it immediately when no longer needed.|
|NOTICE TO EU RESIDENTS: per EU Data Protection Policy, if you wish to remove your personal information from the IBM ideas portal, please login to the ideas portal using your previously registered information then change your email to "email@example.com" and first name to "anonymous" and last name to "anonymous". This will ensure that IBM will not send any emails to you about all idea submissions|