All accelerated tables should have LASTUSED information.
The Lastused information enables:
1) Removal of tables not used.
2) Avoid unnessecerary loads of tables
3) Frees up space on Accelerator
4) Reduces accelerator table maintenance
5) Removes orphan AOT tables, left by ETL processes
|Who would benefit from this IDEA?||DBA's maintenance can be automated. Customers have more space for new tables, CPM reduced MIPS for loading|
How should it work?
1) add a date column to SYSACCEL accelerated tables , LASTUSED
2) Have the LASTUSED updated daily
|Priority Justification||as V5 customer, we were able to get the info from SP : accel_get _query_details. In V7 get_query_details2 is so slow(13 sec/sql) , that it can't be used for all SQL's on the IDAA|
|Customer Name||Danske Bank|
NOTICE TO EU RESIDENTS: per EU Data Protection Policy, if you wish to remove your personal information from the IBM ideas portal, please login to the ideas portal using your previously registered information then change your email to "email@example.com" and first name to "anonymous" and last name to "anonymous". This will ensure that IBM will not send any emails to you about all idea submissions