Improve DB2 DBD pool processing to prevent full and provide better diagnostics
Improve DB2 DBD pool processing by
1) providing a dynamic increase process to help prevent full conditions (and therefore thread failures)
2) providing better diagnostics to identify the DBD's consuming the most non-stealable space. Optionally - identify the thread activity causing the non-stealable usage.
Some further ideas on details:
* add several zparms to control this enhancement
- zparms for warning and problem EDM DBD non-stealable usage levels
- at warning - provide a message alert and identify the top consuming DBD
- at problem - provide a message alert, take a diagnostic dump, and dynamically increase EDMDBD size, later this size can be reduced when no longer needed.
- zparms to control the EDMDBD size increase
- zp to control incremental space increase amount
- zp to control the number of times to allow an increase