When a Db2 version upgrade is requiered, currently it should be done in the active node. However, there are some scenarios when preparing a standby with a higher version is easier. For example, when migrating to new servers, with higher OS is better in the standby node, and then switch the roles when ready
Why is it useful?
|Who would benefit from this IDEA?||DBAs|
How should it work?
1) Prepare the new standby node (OS, patches, security, backups, etc) with new Db2 version
2) Prepare the new active node (node 2)
2) Sync HADR in old nodes
3) Unplug the disk from the old standby
4) Plug the disk in the new server
5) Configure / catalog the existing databases in the plugged disks
6) Start HADR in the new standby
7) Switch roles
8) Stop the current standby (node 1)
9) Repeat step 3, 4, 5, 6
10) Perform a db2 upgrade of the database