We are now required per compliance rules to change the password for any application ID every 30 days. We have identified steps to complete this task but they are very cumbersome and time consuming, introducing a great amount of risk and labor to maintain the CDC environment. These are the steps we have identified:
1. Stop all subs, stop the instance.
2. Update password in instance configuration using dmconfigurets. This requires tabbing through a lot of other configuration parms and changing the password only.
3. Start the instance.
4. Update the Datastore password in Management Console.
5. Propagate the password change to all users in Management Console.
6. Go to Configuration, Data Store Properties and Update Related Subscriptions.
7. Start subscriptions.
We would like a function in Management Console or CDC Engine for Oracle which allows us to supply the new password and updates the relevant information. Today, all the process takes roughly an hour to perform all these manual steps.
Why is it useful?
|Who would benefit from this IDEA?|
How should it work?
|Customer Name||Wells Fargo|
NOTICE TO EU RESIDENTS: per EU Data Protection Policy, if you wish to remove your personal information from the IBM ideas portal, please login to the ideas portal using your previously registered information then change your email to "firstname.lastname@example.org" and first name to "anonymous" and last name to "anonymous". This will ensure that IBM will not send any emails to you about all idea submissions