IBM Data & AI

 Welcome to the IBM Data & AI Ideas Portal for Clients! 

We welcome and appreciate your feedback on IBM Data & AI Products to help make them even better than they are today!
Before you submit an idea, please perform a search first as a similar idea may have already been reported in the portal.  If a related idea is not yet listed, please create a new idea and include with it a description which includes expected behavior as well as why having this feature would improve the service and how it would address your use case.
IBM Employees:
Clients:
  • Our team welcomes any feedback  and suggestions you have for improving our offerings / products!  This forum allows us to connect your offering / product improvement ideas with IBM product and engineering teams.
  • If you have not registered on this portal please click on the following link and register.  To complete registration you will need to open the email you will receive from Aha to confirm your identity. http://ibm.biz/IBM-Data-and-AI-Portal-Register
Additional Information:
  • The shorter URL for this site is: https://ibm.biz/IBM-Data-and-AI-Ideas
  • To view our roadmaps: http://ibm.biz/Data-and-AI-Roadmaps
  • Reminder: This is not the place to submit defects or support needs, please use normal support channel for these cases
  • Please do not use the Ideas Portal for reporting bugs - we ask that you report bugs or issues with the product by contacting IBM support.

Decimal percentages should be allowed on Allocation Control Tables Source Tab

Currently, only full numbers are allowed on the Source Tab of the Allocation Control Tables.

Customer needs to post the percentage of 12.5% to the target. However, being unable to enter 12.5% on the Source tab, User needs to set the Source tab to 100% and the Target of 12.5% to the actual target and the remainder of 87.5% to a dummy company as the other 87.5% is to be posted to another target dimension.

Then for the other dimension posting, User will need to copy the data from the initial source to the dummy company and put that as the source for the other control tables so that the "Source posting" of 100% does not repeatedly post on the initial source.

  • Samantha Then
  • Mar 25 2020
  • Needs review
Why is it useful?
Who would benefit from this IDEA? Customer will benefit as it will lessen the load on maintaining the dummy company.
How should it work?

The Allocation Control Table Source tab should allow decimal postings.

So that in the above scenario, Users will not require to use the dummy company as a dumping ground.

If the Source tab allows the decimals for percentage, Customer will not require to "dump" the 87.5% on a dummy company.

Idea Priority High
Priority Justification Customer has a number of Source companies so currently they need to maintain the same number of dummy companies that are not actually part of the group
Customer Name Ikano Pte Ltd
Submitting Organization
Submitter Tags
  • Attach files

NOTICE TO EU RESIDENTS: per EU Data Protection Policy, if you wish to remove your personal information from the IBM ideas portal, please login to the ideas portal using your previously registered information then change your email to "anonymous@euprivacy.out" and first name to "anonymous" and last name to "anonymous". This will ensure that IBM will not send any emails to you about all idea submissions